Saturday 26 June 2010

New chickens!

Finally I have photographs of the new chickens I have been making this week - they are going to be part of the 'Nana' range and you will see why in the photo!

They are made with what I call Nana linens - old tray cloths, sofa cloths and tablecloths/napkins etc that have been lovingly embroidered. The doorstops don't have their zips in yet (hence the 'sticky up bum' syndrome in the photograph) but the pincushions are done and came with me to the fair today. The little one in the middle nearly sold today but Kirsten chose a different chicken instead!

I used iron on interfacing to make these doorstops stiffer but my goodness it is hard to sew through. I have an attractive scratch on my forehead where I caught myself with my fingernail whilst trying to push the needle through one of the pincushions!!

I will get these listed hopefully in the coming week and will, of course, let you know where to buy them!

Oh and this is an aside to the people who have copied my chicken doorstops in the past - please don't copy the 'Nana' range of doorstops. I will be very pissed off if you do. Thanks :)

P.S. I will be back to blog about the Folksy day tomorrow as I am shattered now!

5 comments:

Twiggy said...

Ha ha they are super cute Nana chickens !!
Twiggy x

GiddyStuff said...

Those are beautiful! So pretty, and yes I imagine it's a very difficult fabric to work with, but the outcome is great x

Daisie said...

Loving the Nana chicks.
Hppe the head is better soon and that you had a good time today.
xxx

Tweed Thoughts said...

Lovely 'Nana' chickens - I'd be pissed off too if anyone copied them - stand your ground! :D

CurlyPops said...

Yah for Nana doorchooks! Boo for copiers!