Wednesday 9 December 2009

Bit of a poo day but oooooooh sparkly!

In the middle of the night I woke up to the sound of an alarm going off - I went downstairs but by the time I had got to the dining room the alarm had stopped. I had a quick look at the cars (through the hedge) and couldn't see any flashing lights etc to indicate that the alarm had gone off on either vehicle. Anyway, Matt took the girls up to school this morning and came back to tell me that Bumble had been broken into and the stereo stolen. I called the police and they came to check for fingerprints/blood etc but nothing there. The annoying thing (apart from the broken window and the missing stereo!) was the fact that they pulled all the fuses out to turn the alarm off and therefore the lights, indicators, windscreen wipers didn't work! Matt has managed to to fix most of them but we don't have windscreen wipers or indicators at the moment! Tricky when we live in a very rainy part of the country.

Anyway I managed to go to the charity shops this afternoon for a quick mooch while Bumble was getting his window fixed. I bought this bright sparkly top which I thought had potential for Christmas!

It's a little old ladyish but who better to channel old lady that moi :) Oh and I have to say that the old lady who served me today was fabulous! She had turquoise eyeshadow on, a ring on every finger, bracelets, necklaces, a green sparkly jumper with a fab waistcoat over the top. She was great :)

So maybe Bumble was broken into to bring this fab pink top to me? A little drastic but you have to look on the bright side right?

6 comments:

Jen Walshaw said...

Sorry about poor bumble. It is that time of year again, my friends were burgled over night at the weekend, they took everything, pc, laptop, tv, stero, cars - the lot

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

I am so sorry about Bumble, but at least you still have him, my entire car was stolen 4 years ago and they never did find it. Oh well...

made with love said...

Oh you poor thing. What mindless horrible people.
Great to hear about the old lady though. I wish I had her enthusiasm.
Rachael XX

Jennifer Rose said...

that really sucks :( but something shiny is always nice :)

CurlyPops said...

Poor Bumble!
I'm sure you can refashion that top slightly to make it absolutely perfect and not nana at all.... a bit glitter always makes everything better.

ClaireP said...

poor bumble! How he's all fixed up soon.
Claire.x