Thursday 10 March 2011

My Creative Space

In my Creative Space today there is a quilt/playmat for a tiny new baby that was born on Tuesday. She arrived a little earlier than anticipated which is why I only started it last night!

I'm cheating a bit and using a whole piece of fabric for the front rather than patchwork and I am hand quilting around the rectangles. The back is a rather fetching pink polka dot and a wool blanket is the filling in the sandwich.





I'm quilting around the rectangles apart from when the tree shape comes out of the rectangle - it adds a little bit of interest. I'm sure that little E won't care but mum might!


I am aiming to get this quilted, bound, washed and dried by Monday so wishes of luck will be much appreciated! For more Creative Spaces head over to Kootoyoo who is also doing battle with a quilt!

2 comments:

Tweed Thoughts said...

Good luck Lynsey - it's looking lovely!

june at noon said...

It's really pretty! Good luck for some speedy quilting.