Friday 27 February 2009

Charity shops

As I said in this post I went to the charity shops of Harrogate with my mum and Tara the other day and this is what I found. There wasn't a great deal to be honest but I still managed to get a few bits!

The 3 children's books were 3 for £1. We already have the mum version of the brilliant book so I thought we would even it up with the dad version! The Pooh craft book is for me to try and make some things for my mum who is an avid Winnie the Pooh fan. And the top children's book I bought purely for the illustrations but it is quite a good story too. And as me and Matt hardly have any books (!) I thought we needed 2 more :)

I've been looking for a thin knit dress for ages and when I spotted this red on I had to grab it. It's got really cute pockets and was £4.99

You know when you spot something across a crowded charity shop that catches your eye - well that's what happened with this top. It's a promotional top for The Beautiful South and features the artwork off the Superbi album* It was £2.99

I didn't spot this one - my mum did! She spotted that it was my size and wandered over with it. I didn't buy this straight away but debated about it all day. Just before we left we went back to the shop and it was still there - I was obviously meant to have it! It's got lots of cute buttons on it and is originally from Per Una (posh Marks and Spencer's). It cost me £4.30.

*The best song on the Superbi album is Manchester - it rings a bell for all of those who live nearby this fab northern town :) I had to link to this version of the song as all the other videos have enbedding disabled but if you want to see the actual video then just search for it on You Tube.

5 comments:

natural attrill said...

I like your red dress.
Manchester is a fab place, go there alot, loads of creative stuff to see.
Penny.

Anonymous said...

heya, love your charity shop finds.. especially the books, I collect them too.. think I have enough to fill a library now ... and no space FOR a library tho!

Tip Top said...

Wow! Fab red dress - if you tire of it, I can always offer it a new home!!

Lindsey said...

Nice little haul there. The Nick Butterworth books are great aren't they? We have 'mum' and 'dad' versions too.

Twiggy said...

Lovely stuff there. Love the Per Una top, we were standing behind a woman in Asda last summer who was wearing one like it. I said I love your top did you customise it yourself and she looked quite chuffed and said no dear it's M & S!! It's lovely. By the way Mr Twigs loved the Snoopy magnets.
Twiggy x