Saturday 28 February 2009

Mug Swap Goodies!!

I was in the craft room yesterday and Tara took an opportune moment to stop chatting just as the postman knocked on the door 2 floors down! Luckily I heard him and rushed downstairs to be greeted by my mug swap parcel :) When I saw the name on the back of the parcel I knew it was going to be a good one! The goodies came from Sharon of Iris and Lily.

This is what greeted me when I opened the box - the postcard has already been repurposed into some art work!

Mmmmmmmmm nicely wrapped goodies!

I got some yummy buttons to add to my ever growing collection and they came in the cutest little marbled paper bag. I also got some ribbon and trim.

I was thrilled when I saw this pincushion as I have been meaning to make myself a chicken one for months now but haven't got round to it. At last the nasty tomato pincushion has been relegated to the bin!

I also got some beads and some fabulous marbled papers.

My favourite is this marbled map piece.

Some beautiful fabric - I think some of these are destined to become chicken pincushions!

Mmmmmmmmmmm mini eggs!! These didn't last long enough to go into the fridge!!

And onto the main part of the swap - the mug!! I love the blue of this one. And the garland is fab and has been made by recycled security envelopes which is something I enjoy doing too - I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that!

The garland is already up in my craft room near my window - I'll have to get a photograph.

So thank you Sharon - I'm really thrilled with all my goodies. I'll show you the things I sent off for the swap tomorrow as I know my recipient has received them :)

4 comments:

Ooty said...

What a great fun!!
Enjoy it!
=0)

Tweed Thoughts said...

What a yummy parcel - I'm not jealous (honest!! - hehe) :)

saraeden said...

I have just blogged a thank you and i have to say i love everything you sent me its all perfect .

Thank you so much

Sara x

Tip Top said...

Wow!! Very fab!