Tuesday 27 September 2011

New sewing machine

Well, like most things in this house, it should be 'new to me' :)


Matt's Great Aunt no longer used this machine, knew I liked sewing so sent it up from Devon for me!


She is a fairly basic model but does what I need her to. It took me a while to figure her out as the threading is completely different to Janine (the Janome).


Janine will be heading to the sewing machine spa for a few days to get her in tip top condition but Conseula here (for that is her name) will take up the slack quite nicely.

I'm thinking that she would quite like a mini makeover but we will see how I go with getting on top of work before I start messing around with prettifying Conseula :)

5 comments:

Janice Ashworth said...

Nice to have a new guest in your house, especially a useful one.

Silver Moss Jewellery said...

Love that you name your machines :-)

Rebecca said...

ahh, what a beauty! You'll have lot of fun with her! x

Erin said...

Awesome. I learned to sew on my mom's 1970s Singer. What a beast . . . it weighed like 40lbs.

june at noon said...

It's always amazing to me how different one machine can be from another despite the fact they perform the same task. Lucky for me, my mom has the same machine as me, so there's no learning curve if mine is out of service. :)