Wednesday 22 April 2009

My Creative Space

I think I'm a day early with my creative space/what's on your desk blogging but there were such pretty colours on my desk today that I had to capture them!

Not such an inspiring shot but look a little closer.

Lots of yummy embroidery threads rescued from landfill via Sams my fantastic scrapstore.

White and palest pink

And as if by magic the whole lot is done! Not much creating but lots of nice and easy sorting from a big pile of easily tangled threads to something I will use much more now. The majority is done but there are enough threads left to fill another 2 of those small compartments - maybe later.

10 comments:

Tip Top said...

I am impressed with your organisation of the threads! Mine are still in the original card... probably tangled!

Anice said...

Ohh those threads look so yummy! I don't think there is anything nicer than seeing threads, ribbons or buttons all colour co-ordinated..except perhaps eating loads of chocolate!!
Anice xx

Jennifer Rose said...

I can't believe someone was just going to toss out all that thread! lots of gorgeous colours :D

Natalie said...

As if someone was chucking those threads away! Very neat and tidy. I have the same organiser for my threads but it lives on my desk with thread spaghetti spewing out of all sides. Haven't been able to close the lid for ages! You've inspired me now. I might have to go and invest in some more of those little white cards now (or recycle some cereal packets and make my own perhaps!).

frutejuce said...

Those threads looked lovely but as soon as they were organised in that way they became divine! I love things stashed in little spaces, boxes, containers!

Unknown said...

Wow that is so gorgeous! Those colours are amazing! You have so much patience making it all look beautiful.
Sophie x

Kirsty said...

Excellent rescue! Don't they look wonderful wound onto card...sadly I'm usually too lazy.

julie said...

You've inspired me to orgainise my threads l have them on card but threaded through not wound round,thats tonight job sorted. Phew what a job.

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

Ohhh, I'm drooling over embroidery floss! I haven't got a clue how to embroider but I just love love love all the beautiful colors lined up! It makes me so happy! Happy weekend! :)

Michelle said...

The threads look fabulous all wound up like that. Much tidied than mine!