Monday 5 April 2010

Bargain camper van!

No it's not a brother or sister for the lovely Bumble but a new toy for the girls. We went to a car boot yesterday (via the farmers market first) and I spied this little beauty hiding behind a big box of books.


It was absolutely filthy and covered in cobwebs etc - I gave it a good hose down outside before it even went for a bath!

Both sides fold down to reveal a kitchen at one side (complete with fridge, cooker and sink) and on the other side are the table and seats with an extra fold out bed.

Barbies simply must have a wardrobe in their camper van (as an aside I always laugh when I see tents that have wardrobes in them!)

It came with all these bits and bobs too - lots of plates, cups, food, cooking utensils and a huge radio! Barbies like dancing you know!

And as you might have guessed, the girls love it. I had been prepared to pay up to £10 for it and had thought this would be about the right price - the lady completely floored me by saying £2! To say I was thrilled was an understatement :) I'll show off the other bargain later if I can be bothered to photograph them!

5 comments:

Laura said...

Wow! What a bargain! I used to love my Barbie stuff but I never had a campervan - what a fab purchase.

xxx

Liesl said...

What a find! How fabulous to have all its original accessories too.

june at noon said...

Great deal! I would've been in love with this when I was a kid. Well, I still kind of am. ;)

Tip Top said...

Ah, I was a Sindy girl, but can appreciate the wonderfulness of the camper van!!

Oh, fabric shops - I spied one on Friday will describe where it is next time I see you - remind me!!!

WinnibriggsHouse said...

What a great find. Obviously your girls thought so too! :)