Friday 19 March 2010

A buttontastic present

My friend Alex likes buttons so when it was her birthday this week I knew I had to have a button theme.

First I made a bottle of buttons topped with some pretty flowers that will never fade.

A pretty button box (bought from a Folksy seller via ebay for the Sue Ryder charity auction but I can't remember who!) that was filled with these; EDIT - it's this lovely lady :)

Shortbread button biscuits! I got the idea from here but used my own recipe.

All packaged up in this pretty bag.

And topped off with this cute button card from Ruth.

7 comments:

CurlyPops said...

How cute are those button flowers! That's my type of flowers (I hate how real ones go all manky and smelly and have to be thrown out)

Petit Filoux said...

Very cute stuff!

Tip Top said...

Who-hooo! Just look at my card and how fitting!!

Bottle of buttons eh - that is one fab pressie!!

WinnibriggsHouse said...

What a great idea, I wouldn't mind receiving gifts like that.
Jenny x

BeadyPool said...

What a gorgeous gift - can I be your friend? I would love to recieve such a well thought out pressie. I hope she likes them all.

Daisie said...

Thank you so much for my mad-button-fest-birthday! I love them so much I may even not dig the buttons out of the bottle to re-use but leave them to look pretty!!
xxx

CatCook said...

Ooh I'm the box lady ;o) It was a one-off for the Sue Ryder charity on Folksy, hope it gets used to store some treasures (or biscuits!). I have a glass cookie jar full of buttons in my craft bureau, although it's looking rather empty now! Enjoy the pressies Daisie!