Monday 15 March 2010

A lovely Mothers Day

We had hoped for a lie in yesterday but Tara was awake at 6.30 and went through to wake her sister! However after them both coming to say hello they did play in Anya's room until 7.30. I got these lovely gifts handmade by the girls (handmade gifts are the best)

Tara made me this Kokeshi doll at nursery for me - she had to choose a yellow dress as this is her favourite colour!

Anya drew this picture for me and it says Mummy I Love You! Ahhhhhh :)

She also made me this card with a bunch of flowers on the front. It has a beautiful rhyme in it too.

It reads Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, If Mummy's were flowers I would pick you. That made me shed a tear - I'm such a wuss!

I also got some tulips too but more on that tomorrow!

8 comments:

CurlyPops said...

Handmade pressies from the kids are the sweetest of all... Happy Mothers day!

ClaireP said...

Awwww! Lovely!

Tweed Thoughts said...

These are fab - what 'crafty' girls you have! :D

Elaine, Ellies Treasures said...

Handmade is ALWAYS the best. You are a lucky mum, what fabulous gifts you got. Elaine

june at noon said...

Aw, what sweet gifts. There's nothing better than handmade sentiment!

Midsummer Stitches said...

Ahh what treasure! Lovely gifts and yes handmade is the best.

Twiggy said...

Awww home made gifts from littlies are the best !!
Twiggy x

WinnibriggsHouse said...

Your gifts are lovely and so precious because they were hand made. I also received tulips, they fill an old jug on my kitchen table and are stunning. Spring really is on its way
Regards Jenny x