Wednesday 15 September 2010

I'm a lucky girl!

While I have been ill this week Matt has been a super star - he looked after me at the weekend and took Monday and Tuesday off work to ensure that I was well enough to look after the girls again. He went back to work yesterday evening (he works in London at the minute and we live in Lancashire!)

Look what he made for tea on Sunday*

Cajun potato wedges

With yummy from the farmers market burgers (Aberdeen Angus for me and Matt and pork and apple for the girls)

And to finish off, a raspberry crumble and, let me tell you, he makes a mean crumble!

And what was I doing while he was rustling up this delicious meal?

Watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang with the girls (can you tell we were at a bit with the child catcher at this stage - the girls were terrified!)

I'm feeling a lot better now - my kidneys still hurt but nowhere near as much as they did and I'm not exhausted all the time now which is good - thanks for all the well wishes both here and on Twitter.

*This was evidently before I went off my food!

7 comments:

Lyn said...

Glad you are feeling better. Take care.
love
Lyn
xxx

june at noon said...

Aw, what a good guy. And yum!

I remember being terrified of the child catcher myself. Goodness, haven't seen that movie in ages!

Tania said...

That Child Catcher guy still gives me the heebie jeebies. And nothing like a home-cooked meal (not crafted yourself)...

Dolly Cool Clare said...

Good for Matt for looking after you and glad you are feeling better :)
That crumble looks fabulous - about 3" of topping - yum!

WendyCarole said...

hope you are feeling better. Isn't great having an other half that cooks? Mine does too.

WendyCarole said...

hope you are feeling better. Isn't great having an other half that cooks? Mine does too.

Mel said...

Oh lord we watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang awhile ago and I had to fast forward through that part! My kids freaked right out! Luckily the only lasting thing from the movie thus far has been singing, "Truly scrumptious" a LOT! Which actually your dinner looked to be also ;)