Friday 10 September 2010

New things in the craft room

I went to Ikea the other day as I wanted some better storage for all the book pages I use for envelopes and tags. They were stacked in plastic boxes, which worked fine, until I needed the box that was right at the bottom! They were also slightly too big for the space so I had to move the whole lot if I wanted to get into the eaves storage.

Here are the new drawers! I have actually been lusting after these for a while and kicked myself when I saw a set in bargain corner a while back but didn't grab. In fact I don't think I would have stood a chance against the woman who eventually bought them - she was not letting anyone else near them! Anyway, they fit all the pages in quite comfortably and I can get to any type of book page I want to very easily! And they fit in the space so I can get into the eaves storage (and no I didn't measure the space before I went to get them!)

I also got a few more bits and pieces (but no fabric - I was shocked too!!) This is now one of my favourite parts of the craft room now. Some cute tins and a postcard (from a set) stand on top of this set of drawers.

They were in bargain corner as they had been used on display and had had paper stuck to the front of them. Easy to take off and when they have been reduced to £2 from £12 a little bit of paper wasn't going to put me off!

The little drawers in turn are resting on this filing cabinet. I have a mini obsession with filing cabinets (I have no idea why) and I just fell in love with this red set. It replaces a very large set of plastic drawers that wobbled whenever you went near them and were too big for the space. After a quick sort out all of the stuff from the old drawers now fit into my neat mini filing cabinet :)

I think the crafty room is nearly done although I did spot the two prints below while looking for links. Maybe for the front room??

8 comments:

flurogoddess said...

Very lovely! Print one would go in your craft room with those lovely filing cabinet drawers :D

Glassprimitif said...

that's it! I'm off to Ikea to buy some storage for the Arts Factory

Janice Ashworth said...

I have the white set as well, brilliant for keeping paper and beads in. I love my paper filing cabinet, got it off junk sale and I keep meaning to spray paint it but alas it stays grey. I have loads and loads of staorage boxes and tins, I lOve storage !!

Dolly Cool Clare said...

Ive just been looking through the new ikea catalogue, and saw these very drawers. They look great and you can fit loads in them...maybe taking a trip there myself soon!

CurlyPops said...

I love those new drawers. I'm heading off to visit the Ikea Aus site to see if we have those here.

june at noon said...

I love some good storage! Looking great!

Luna said...

We have the red filing cabinet! I am loving the white drawers for craft storage too tho :) x

Tip Top said...

Have a visit to our garage if you ever need a fix heheheheheh!!!!