Sunday 5 September 2010

Lines of Liberty loveliness!

I'm a huge fan of Liberty fabric, especially the ditsy florals, but I really can't afford to buy it. So I was thrilled when I found out that the factory that produces the fabric for Liberty is nearby to me and that they have a seconds store :D They also print other fabrics too :)

Here it is drying on the line in the gorgeous late summer weather we have been having recently. I got 3 lines full from their scrap pack section* for £8! Yep all this Liberty loveliness for £8!!! Most of the fabrics are seconds although on some of the fabric you can't tell at all (although my dodgy photographs don't help!) I'll show you some of the fabrics I got.

In all the fabrics above there are only slight flaws (and in some cases none at all) but in the ones below you can see the flaws a lot more.

I'm thinking a quilt made of all this fabric would either a) look fantastic if the fabric was placed properly or b) a huge mess! I'm thinking a small square patchwork although hexagons have been leaping toward the front of my mind. The dodgy fabric would become the binding. What do you think? Recipe for disaster or the potential to be fabulous? For £8 I'm willing to try!

*They do have full yardage at the shop too although I am waiting until my clothes sewing skills are much better before buying some. I'm envisaging lots of floaty skirts and dresses for me and the girls!

15 comments:

Thecraftytrundler said...

Fantastic!!!! What a complete and utter bargain!!!!
As to the quilt, one made of squares would be much simpler & quicker to make, as you can do it all by machine. Can't wait to see it!

Sharon xx

GiddyStuff said...

Excellent bargains! You are so lucky living on the doorstep of (what's left) of our textile industry!
Can't wait to see what you make.

Claire said...

Make up a bed, I'm coming to visit! ;)

CurlyPops said...

Wowee - Libery seconds - how exciting!

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

I'm in love with the 1st two!

Bigbluebed said...

Lucky you!

I just bought myself a length from Liberty in London so know how expensive it is.

I know you will have fun with these.

dropstitch said...

Ooh, great fabric! I have a tiny bit of the stripy one and love it. I want to visit your local fabric factory!

Jennifer Rose said...

thats a great price for all of that :D a quilt would look grat, really colourful :)

DEBBIE said...

THOSE LIBERTY FABRICS ARE BEAUTIFUL.
AND THE PRICE IS FAB. TOO!
WELL DONE. CAN`T WAIT TO SEE WHAT YOU WILL MAKE WITH THEM!

DEBBIE MOSS

WendyCarole said...

what a bargain
can't wait to see what you make with it all

Anonymous said...

please tell me where the factory shop is. I want to make a Liberty Dresden Plate patchwork quilt so I need lots of small prints, love prolific

Angela said...

That's a great tip,thanks, but where is the shop? I need a mother of the bride outfit for the summer and might make a liberty dress.

samyantha said...

Please tell us where the shop is, I think you are quite close to my sister in law, so would be a good excuse to visit them and do a spot of shopping at the same time (and get my Liberty fix)

Anonymous said...

Could you please give me the address and telephone number for this shop.

Many thanks

Zarina

Anita said...

Please could you give me the address of the liberty seconds shop?