Tuesday 19 February 2008

Sewing goodies - picture heavy post!

I've had this innocent looking box since before Christmas when I bought it in a charity shop for £10. £10 you say is quite a lot for a metal tool box but wait until you see what goodies are inside! This is what waited for me - lots of vintage sewing things. To say I was thrilled is a bit of an understatement!

Lots and lots of gorgeous threads - most still on wooden reels, so I'll have to think of something to do with those when I have finished!

I have some of these threads below already that I use in my egg box sewing kits so I was very pleased to find some more.

More thread that judging by the colours was used to darn stockings.

Love the caption on this little mending fabric booklet - mend the modern way!

Cute lacy patch that I can't figure out yet what I am going to use it for. I'm sure I'll think of something.

You can tell what sewing equipment is Tara's favourite!

Whoever had this sewing box before me was very organised - I don't think they would like my current sewing box!!

And my favourite thing in the whole box was these vintage needles in their packets - it's the packets I like really!


I told you it was going to be a picture heavy post! And to all of you who are waiting for the New York pictures - they are coming soon!!

3 comments:

Sarah and Jack said...

I use those old wooden spools to wind ribbons around.

ally said...

Oh my what a fantastic find! I wish my charity shops would come up with some treasures like that. The best I get is some ribbons or buttons!

Anonymous said...

Fab!! I have some old reels too and I did have the needle packets and I think they came from my Great Grandma!! And all that for a tenner!