Thursday 14 February 2008

Tidying and blossoms

Well I know I supposed to be away today but there was a bit of a mix up at mums and she thought we were staying for the day and coming back on Friday and I thought we were staying from Weds night! So we came back last night and we have spent most of today tidying my craft room which now has a floor you can see and a desk you can use! The sofa still isn't clear and neither is the chair but hey - I'm quite impressed with myself!

To congratulate myself on this (and while the girls were playing 'snow' with the duvet in the study!) I made a little collage/mixed media artwork.


I was inspired by some 3D button flowers I have seen out in blogland but I couldn't be bothered to faff around with wire etc. I'm going to make some up as cards and gift tags - what do you think? Oh and this is especially for Matt cos I don't buy him flowers often enough :)

I just have to share some of the things I got at the jumble sale yesterday - fab fab fab!!! I got lots of maps and some other great books for £3.50, a couple of dresses that I'm not too sure about but they will make good chickens if they aren't right and some fabulous fabric!

Isn't it great! It has white tassels round the edge and looks like a bedspread. I'm sure Matt won't let me use it for a bedspread but it would work as chickens!!

Oh and I saved the best until last!!

A fab handknitted teacosy! Even though I don't like teapots and don't use them (I always use 1 teabag per person anyway and there's never enough water in a teapot for a decent sized cuppa!) I had to have this one. Tara has been using it as a hat so all's not lost :)

Best go as I have some things to sort out for tomorrow and I got a new Dean Koontz book at the sale yesterday and it's very good so far!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those chickens will look great from the bedspread - and you must include some of the tassles too!!

Crystal said...

I just started that same book, yesterday though so I am not too far into it yet.