Tuesday 26 August 2008

This is........

......my favourite book as a child - I read it and re-read it hundreds of times (and I'm not kidding about the hundreds of times either!)


I love all the Roald Dahl books but this has got to be my favourite. Mr Twit is disgusting and I loved the fact that he saved his food in his beard. And Mr and Mrs Twit were so nasty to each other too - it made me laugh so much. I can't wait until Anya is old enough to read it.

Just thinking though too if we are talking about children's book in general then my favourite as an adult has to be Philip Pullman's Northern Lights Trilogy - just magnificent and again I'll be introducing them to the girls when they get older. Go and search them out if you haven't read them yet.

Thanks to Potty Mouth Mama for this weeks theme and to Three Buttons for coming up with the idea! And apologies because it is 3 days late!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh! george's marvoulous medicine was my favourite when small! also LOOOOVE all of the phillip pulman books. his younger ones are great too - i think I've read them all! Give them a try if you haven't :)

Skye said...

The Twits were so horrible, I vividly remember Mr Twit and his food encruted beard! We had Roald Dahl's Revolting Rhymes too.

I love the Northern Lights trilogy, but it's so sad I can't reread it because I'm scared of the melancholy!

Tizzalicious said...

I LOVED that book too!