Sunday 26 July 2009

Books

Uh oh - I found a Barnes and Noble book shop!

I bought only two magazines - I could have bought many many more but set myself a 2 magazine limit. I'm going to drool over these on the plane.

This book called out to me - handmade books made using recycled, reclaimed and upcycled materials. Very me!

Mmmmmmm - this book has lots of great ideas for mixed media work and in particular collaborative art journals which I must admit, have intrigued me for a while. I'm going to read a little more about them and then in a few weeks (or months!) I will see if I can get something organised - feel free to let me know if anyone would be interested in this :)

And I was very pleased to get my hands on this. I have scoured book stores in the UK to no avail and was on the verge of ordering it through Amazon - I'm glad I waited.

5 comments:

Tweed Thoughts said...

Happy Drooling! :D These look fab!

Tip Top said...

Yeah, happy to help. Just ignorant of what I'm letting myself in for hehehe!!

Tizzalicious said...

I have a Wreck This Journal too, and it's SO much fun. Have you started wrecking yet?

Leigh Shepherd said...

I'd be interested too!

Beautifully Recreated said...

Love your mag purchases. They are two of my fave mags however they can be hard to get a hold of here in Australia. Hope you just love reading them.