Thursday 30 July 2009

Number 6

When we were little my dad made a shed play den for me and my sister that we absolutely loved called Number 6 - he even put a number up on the door for us! In anticipation of the girls coming to stay while we were in the US, he cleared out one of his sheds and turned it into a Number 6 for them :)

Extra points from me for salvaging all of the furniture :) Good recycling/reusing Dad!

Mum made the curtains with fabric given to her by a friend

And Anya added a touch of decoration with this picture of a rainbow dragon with its rainbow egg sitting in its nest.

Mum and Dad also found the prams that me and Sarah used to play with when we were little - mine was the blue one. The dolls were also there too :)

I loved my Tiny Tears doll and now so does Anya!

10 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

thats great of your dad to do :D

CurlyPops said...

That is so sweet of your dad. He must be one lovely guy!

Twiggy said...

What a lovely Dad, I loved my Tiny Tears too !!
Twiggy x

theothermousie said...

So kind of your dad - bless him!

There is an award on my blog for you if you're interested?!

Glassprimitif said...

Love the shed, everyone needs a shed!

Natalie said...

Your girls have a No#1 Grandad! I would love to do this to our shed but not sure where I'd put all the tools!
Love that dolls pram. Look at that beautiful lining! Still had my Tiny Tears up until a few years ago but regrettably I put her in a charity bag in a fit of insanity!

I'm sure the girls will have a fab time in No#6!
xxx

Deanne said...

aw how sweet :) i loved my tiny tears too :)

madmummy said...

Oh my goodness, I have that tiny tears doll, wearing the same dress as yours up in my daughter's bedroom!!!
xxx Steph

Tip Top said...

OMG! I had a pram just the same! The boys play with my Tiny Tears now and all her stuff and they have a little house / shed at my mum and dads too - curtains, carpet, teaset the lot!!

Steph said...

Lucky girls!