Monday 27 July 2009

Creative at the airport

Having 6 hours at the airport while you wait for your flight isn't often seen as being creative but when a chance remark is overheard and it sparks something in your head then it can be, especially if you have your ideas book with you!

This is my ideas book - a posh Paperchase notebook bought from a jumble sale for 30p and decorated by me :) Can you spot the chickens?? Also note my white vintage cherry dress in the bottom right - the perfect dress for traveling in.

This is an idea for a card

As you may be able to tell I am not much of a draw-er (drawer? sketcher?) I can't draw to save my life - that arrow thing on the bottom photograph - the Eiffel Tower! What do you mean you couldn't tell!! I'm much more of a bad and (very) quick sketcher with lots of scruffy notes detailing what I want to appear in the work.

Often there are no pictures - just words.

Our flight back to the UK leaves in the next couple of hours so I am going to entertain myself with writing down some more ideas and maybe trying to perfect that picture of the Eiffel Tower :)

4 comments:

theothermousie said...

Hope you had or are having a safe journey home! Your ideas book looks like mine too - I write descriptions rather than draw them! xx

Tweed Thoughts said...

Ooooh, I love seeing other crafter's scribbles and doodles! Have a safe journey home :)

ATELIER said...

Are you blogging at the airport ... that's very impressive .. and dedicated. I should jot more things down, the problem is that when I remove an idea from my head and put it down on paper - that leaves a gap in my head for more ideas ... I've got too many already!

Karen said...

I have a 4 hour wait for a transfer soon, you have given me an idea! Those magazines look so tempting, must check my luggage allowance!