Wednesday 8 July 2009

Shopping or The Tale of Things Jumping Into My Arms!

When my mum comes to visit we often go shopping - I like shopping and so does my mum! I had to go to Paperchase to get some supplies for teacher presents (more on that when they are made) and the only one I know of is situated in a Borders bookshop. Uh oh!!

This issue of Selvedge jumped into my arms - how did that happen! I have read lots about this magazine but hadn't found it until now - all I can say is wow! I like it a lot :)

This book also jumped into my arms - it has lots of great ideas to kick start your creativity if you like making collages, altered art etc. A couple of other books tried to jump into my arms but I restrained myself :) I only bought those two things along with the Paperchase goodies.

We tried to stop at a charity shop on the way home but couldn't find parking (or parking that Bumble could fit into anyway!) so we didn't stop at the one planned but we did stop at a different one instead.

Mr Barrowman jumped into my arms (if only!) and at only £1 who was I too argue?

This fabric also decided to come home with me - the pattern looks crap here but it is really nice in real life.

These plates were in the 30p box outside the shop (there is a set of 5) but when I came to pay for them he lady said 40p for the lot to get rid of them! Erm, I was going to pay 30p each but I'm not going to argue with little old lady charity shop logic!

And as I was paying there was a stack of magazines on the counter - I had a quick flick through and this one was 20p and therefore came home with me. I like to kid myself that one day my house might look like one of the ones in these magazines - I did say might!

Don't tell me I am the only one who has things jumping into their arms? Or online shopping cart?

5 comments:

ATELIER said...

It must be something to do with the weather ... or the moon. A book jumped right into my lap today and even managed to open my purse and get the cash out. I had no choice but to take it home after that.

Jennifer Rose said...

nope not the only one having things jump in their arms :p but if I didn't put them back it would be stealing ;)

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

It happens to me all the time and I thoroughly enjoy it! I'd have grabbed that fabric you got if it hadn't jumped into your arms. Cool!

theothermousie said...

What a terrible affliction to have - you are so brave to be able to talk about it. Just wanted you to know that you are not alone... hugs!!

Anyway how are you loving Torchwood!!! Amazing or what???!!!!

Tip Top said...

Hehehehe! I did resist the urge to go into Borders / Paperchase when I went to Hobbycraft.... was only going in for some mount board, and came out £16 lighter.... mostly sale items I hasten to add!