Saturday 20 August 2011

Make up or not make up

No not the kind of stuff you put on your face (I only ever wear lip balm btw) but a question for you.

My mini envelopes are currently sold in packs of 20 like this.


Not made up into the envelope shape and to be honest at craft fairs people often wonder what they are even with a mini one made up next to where they are displayed! I'm thinking of making them up into the actual shape.




However it's quite fiddly to do and due to the extra time I would need to up my prices of these to £3 for a pack of 20. Does that sound reasonable to you? I would love your thoughts whether they are positive or negative!

8 comments:

theothermousie said...

Could you just have a few packs made up & a few not? I do think £3 isn't asking a lot of money for them. But I understand what the public are like as well! Your envelopes always look so pretty, don't think I'd have the patience to cut them out, let alone make them up ;)

Nic said...

I agree. I would make some up and charge £3 for them and leave some for people to make and charge accordingly then people can make their own choice...I know I would quite happily pay £3 for you to the do the fiddly work for me ;)

dropstitch said...

I think I'd be more inclined to buy envelopes that were already made up and £3 for 20 (when they are so pretty) still sounds like a very reasonable price.

Tweed Thoughts said...

£3 sounds like a reasonable price - maybe you could add some info on them to say they are handcut, handfolded etc. Sometimes people need it spelled out to them, so they realise the work involved! :)

veronica said...

Excellent price for 20. What payience!!

veronica said...

And what spelling! 1 of my light bulbs has gone over the keyboard.---patience.

jojoebi-designs said...

can you not put one made up one in each pack so people can see what to do with them?

Emily said...

£3 for 20 seems extremely reasonable... I wouldn't hesitate over the price if I had a need for these. This coming from little miss thrifty!