Wednesday 4 November 2009

Christmas trees

I finally got some time to sew some of the recycled wool jumper Christmas trees that I started nearly 2 weeks ago.

Only 5 so far but they are slowly being done for some fairs I have coming up before Christmas. There are actually only 3 now as the 2 below were taken to Pad Gallery in Preston yesterday for a Christmas decoration competition they are having.

Luckily I had to be in Preston to return a book and I decided to drop them in by hand rather than rely on Royal Mail at the moment! I'm really pleased with the pink one at the bottom although it took quite a while to get all the sequins sewn on - I will just have to bite the bullet though as they look much better with sequins on!

Off out now to hunt down some more sequins and black thread! And I haven't forgotten about the giveaway - hopefully details soon :)

11 comments:

WendyCarole said...

they are lovely

Sam said...

These are fab hun - keep up the good work
Sam x

ecoMILF said...

Those are splendid! xo Meagan.

Twiggy said...

Gorgeous Lynsey, where do you get all your inspiration?
Twiggy x

Sharon said...

Thanks for the welcome back! Lovely decorations, very inspiring as thanks to the builders I've got room for TWO christmas trees this year. I've been a bit excited since about May!!

Jen Walshaw said...

They are excellant

made with love said...

these look great. Just came across your blog. What lovely things your have been making.
Rachael xx

Lyn said...

They are lovely! really like the fairisle looking ones.
Love
Lyn
xxx

Dotty said...

have been waiting to see how they would look since you showed us them all cut up - they look fabulous x

French Nanny said...

Maybe it would be quicker sewing on the sequins using a bead on the top (tiny one). That's what I do and it means you don't have to be so neat with the thread!

Tip Top said...

Wow! These are fab! I have some sequins if you want some?!!