Thursday 5 November 2009

Love brooches?

Do you love brooches? Make brooches? Then I have the perfect competition for you from Living Creatively in Australia. They are looking for your idea of a perfect brooch.

This is my perfect brooch - recycled (apart from the brooch back which is new), features a little bit of embroidery and, of course, buttons!

This one sold at a recent craft fair and I'm thinking of making more. I love red, white and blue together - what are your favourite colour combinations?

7 comments:

Glamglass said...

I Love red and black together.
Cute Brooch!

CurlyPops said...

I'm going to enter too. My fave colour combo (which I'm sure you already know) is pink red and orange!

Petit Filoux said...

Red and gold would look nice and festive! But it would have to be discrete, you wouldn't want to look like a christmas tree! ;-)

Twiggy said...

Buttons on a brooch is THE best look. Think I might enter too, thanks Lynsey
Twiggy x

Dotty said...

it has to be daisy shaped , it has to be really bright and has to include a button x

strangelord said...

Exciting! I went through a stage of making brooches for friends from alphabet fridge magnets. I'll see if I can pull some out and photograph them.

Tweed Thoughts said...

I love this brooch - it's very modern and funky looking :) I quite like hot colours together - red, pink, orange etc. (perhaps because I live in a cold climate, hehe!)