Saturday 7 March 2009

I have a fringe - edited with photo!

It looks very strange to me but that's because I have been a 'slaphead' all my life!! It will need training as I have a very prominent parting and this has come through in the fringe. Exciting stuff :)

So what do you think? I actually looked at this photograph last night and cried as I thought last night that it made me look like a muppet (and it really does when my hair is down!) but I've taken another look this morning and it's not as bad as I thought. It's uneven, which the hairdresser did deliberately I think so I'm going to go and get it cut straight at some stage this week - must be some funky thing to have an uneven fringe! You are going to see me with my hair up a lot more as it really does look daft down but that could be just because it's very new. And it looks much better from a slight side on angle - much more like the effect I was going for!

So overall it looks ok but I think I will be happier with it once it's all even and if I don't like it after that then I'll grow it out :)

8 comments:

Natalie said...

Can't wait to see the pic. I've been wondering if I should do away with my "slaphead" too but I'm a lazy moo and don't think I can be bothered with the regular trims :)
Hope you are enjoying your evening out.

Tizzalicious said...

I think it looks great! You just need to get used to it a little, I have that everytime I get a hair cut and my fringe is shorter again!n

Bigbluebed said...

I think it looks lovely. It is just new for you that is why you think it looks odd.

CurlyPops said...

I think it looks lovely!
It will take a while before it sits properly so wait at least a week or so before you get a re-trim. I get my fringe cut quite short so it lasts longer (I'm too lazy to go to the hairdresser).

Tweed Thoughts said...

I'm the opposite and couldn't manage without some kind of fringe. I envy people who don't need to have a fringe!! It looks fab :)

Claire said...

haha! ace! i love it! i got a fringe yesterday too - i think we are slowly morphing into the same bargain hunting fringey machine

Anonymous said...

I love fringe, and I think it looks great! You certainly dont look like a Muppet either! If you're worried about your fringe parting ways, get thee a flat iron and use it for about 2 weeks. Your "fringe" will train itself to remain straight and flat =P

Jennifer Rose said...

the fringe looks good :D yeah I would wait a bit until you get it leveled, needs time to settle.