Friday 27 March 2009

Not your ordinary buttons!

I was inspired by a thread I saw on the crafts forum this morning asking about buttons and it reminded me that I hadn't shown you the buttons that the lovely Ruth from Tip Top Toppers made for me. I'd happened to text her (about something random probably!) and she text back asking if I would like some buttons she was making. Gimme, gimme, gimme was my response although a little politer than that!

Aren't they fab? And the colours fit in perfectly with a wip that is, erm, in progress at the minute!

I also got some paper buttons from a lovely seller Ormolu on Etsy. I'd featured her in a button treasury and fell in love with the buttons so I had to have them!


And they are so nice! I got them for a birthday card but I didn't order them in enough time - oh well, they will come in handy for something else I'm sure!

And if you were at Ikea at Ashton on Monday morning and saw a super sonic blur rush past you to get to the cushion covers then that was me. And this is what I had spotted.

Button goodness in the form of cushion covers!!!!!!!!! Do you think if we write a petition to Ikea and get them to produce this as one of their fabrics off the roll that they would listen to us? I would probably buy a whole roll! And if we can't persuade them, how many cushion covers do you think it would reasonably take to make me a skirt? And a coat? And a whole set of bedding? I think you get the point!

9 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

very busy button cushion covers :)how many it would take to make a skirt depends on how short of a skirt you want :p

Heather Leavers said...

oh wonderful fabric! it'd be banned in my house though cos my son's phobic about buttons. don't ask.

Tip Top said...

Hahahhaha! Yeah - you are too polite!!!

Fab fabric by the way!

Anonymous said...

The button fabric is awesome! I love it... I want it. We should definitely petition IKEA!

Tweed Thoughts said...

Great button bonanza! Love the fabric - never heard of paper buttons before!! Very educational post - hehe :)

Twiggy said...

Buttontastic fabric indeed.
Twiggy x

Crystal said...

Cushion covers...drool...I will sign that petition!

Tizzalicious said...

I would absolutely buy it the fabric too!

Suzie Sews At DOTTY RED said...

oh oh I love the button fabric...cool