Tuesday 25 May 2010

Cards

To say I'm not a card maker I seem to make quite a few cards! The ones I make though are usually made of recycled materials and are very limited edition due to the nature of the materials used. I do sell quite a few at craft fairs so maybe I should start selling them online too. Anyway, these are the latest ones I made yesterday after making Tara's invitations.

These are made from an old pair of curtains. I used as much of the fabric as I could to make Tara a book bag but there wasn't enough to make Anya a book bag too. I used the hearts from it to make Love Chick and salvaged the rest of the fabric to add interest to skirts etc. The rest of the bits have been sitting on my crafty table for a good few months now!

The idea came to me yesterday after making Tara's invites - add them to some cards! I'm pleased with the results and they are nice and bright. I would sell them maybe as a set of 5 - what do you think? And do you think they would sell online? Oh and they are 100% repurposed as the card backs are from the scrapstore!

Edited to add - they are now for sale here, here and here.

13 comments:

Colourart said...

Love them! They would surely sell. Well done :-)

flurogoddess said...

They're lovely!

Ruby Spirit Designs said...

These are gorgeous and they would definitely sell, no problem! When I saw your invitation blog post yesterday I thought you should be making them to sell, although I imagine they're quite time-consuming :-)

Hannelore said...

they're great, so cheerful!

CurlyPops said...

They're fantastic...so bright and pretty!

TopCat76 said...

They are gorgeous cards, really bright and funky. I would have thought you'd be able to sell them easily, however, in my experience cards sell better in real life rather than online.

Rebecca said...

They are adorable! I especially love the bird one :)

PaisleyJade said...

I love them - so cute and colourful!

Lizzet said...

They are really sweet cards! Nice cheerful colours!
I am sure you won't have a problem selling them online. I have bought cards online before but only when the shipping is not to expensive, I have come across places where the shipping for 1 small card is £5!

june at noon said...

I do the same thing, say I'm not a card maker but then find myself making an awful lot of them.

They're really cute. I have a feeling you'd do ok selling them.

Glassprimitif said...

So original! Hope you sell lots

Nic said...

They are lovely!

missnymo said...

really cute cards!