Friday 28 May 2010

Thrifty goodness

I took a mum from nursery charity shop shopping on Wednesday as she had never been before and when I heard this I exclaimed that I was the person to reveal the love of thrift to her :) Luckily she agreed and didn't think I was a mad woman! I'm pleased to report that she loved it and came away with 3 tops ready for summer. I also got a few things - how could I not! Apologies for slightly dodgy photo's - I was in a rush to go and get Bumble from the garage as the guy had to be off before 4.45. We got there at 4.35 :)

Two new belts. My current red one is knackered so this quilted one will fill it's place quite nicely :) And I couldn't turn down a bit of yellow! Yellow - £1, red one £2.49

Nice bright dress! £4.50

Pale pink t-shirt (with a campervan!) £1

Shoes! I LOVE the yellow ones :) They are Dolcis ones, hardly worn and cost me £2. The other ones are Hush Puppy and have matching flower detail on the heel and they look brand new. These were £6.99 which is a bit much for me but I reasoned that they look a lot like some shoes I had seen over at Gudrun Sjoden which were £95 so I figured that £6.99 wasn't too bad after all!

And this skirt which I couldn't get a decent full picture of at all. It is going to be christened my Minnie Mouse skirt! £3.50

I have put together an outfit with the skirt and the yellow shoes but my camera battery has died so I will reveal that tomorrow :)

P.S. I put the prices on my blog to remind myself how much I paid for the items - not to show off that I found a bargain (although that does come into it a bit!)

10 comments:

WinnibriggsHouse said...

Well done you and you.ve got another convert....but don't forget she's competition now! You'll be fighting in the ailes next.

CurlyPops said...

I can't believe that there are people in the world who have never been op shopping. They don't know what they're missing out on! Hopefully your nursery mum will now become a fellow devotee.
I love all your finds!

Unknown said...

Once you start thirty shopping there's no going back :)

Lisa Hafey said...

How does anyone get through teenage years without going to a charity shop?? Maybe it's just me, but I thought it was a rite of passage...well done you for putting right what she should have done years ago - of course now you have competition...hmmm...maybe not such a good idea after all!

Cat said...

Wow great finds, I love the yellow shoes!!

Elissa - said...

Am loving the skirt! However, would be very tempted to make a bag with it, lol Elissa

Anonymous said...

That T-shirt is brilliant! Love the minnie mouse skirt too! Kate xxx

Mariella said...

Great goodies!! Well done and I haver to say you are very lucky with shoes!!! and they are beautiful, too!!!
I love your blog and your work I have posted a copuple of your pictures in my blog (linked to your blog) obviously!!! so more people can enjoy your wonderful works!! Congrats!

Widge said...

Awesome finds!!

~~**sKySiE**~~ said...

Great finds :) I dont have much luck in charity shops around here, well not for myself - certainly dont find gorgeous yellow shoes or fun minnie mouse skirts :) Thanks for sharing your bargains with us.