Sunday 9 May 2010

Funky trees

This is what 80 funky trees gift tags look like when they are piled up in a nice neat pile. The pile measures about 2 inches.


And this is what the trimmings of those 80 gift tags looks like!

My tag punch is a bit rubbish - it will cut paper cleanly about 150 times and then gets relegated to cutting card (the paper rips if I try and cut paper with it after about 150 punches) It will then cut about 400 lots of card blanks before roughing the edges (hence the trimmings) It then has about 200 punches of card left before it dies completely. A bit rubbish but it's the only one I can find in this size that doesn't cost an absolute fortune! As you can imagine, I go through a fair few tag punches!

Still lots more tags to do until I reach my 560 total so I'll be back tomorrow.

10 comments:

Nic said...

You are a human machine..good job you last longer than the hole punch ;)

Chloe said...

i second that! :o) they've come out really sweet.. i've retired a fair few tools in my time.. they just cant cut it =P

Chloe x

june at noon said...

Love those trees! Hope you survive all the punching!

PhotoPuddle said...

Those gift tags are so cute!

CurlyPops said...

Wowee you must have punching RSI after that lot!

Tweed Thoughts said...

They look great - really classy! Keep punching, hehe :) (but not toooo much!!)

Anonymous said...

You have probably already tried this but you can sharpen punches by punching through tinfoil or sometimes fine sand paper - it might help!

ClaireP said...

Ah! was just going to suggest the tinfoil trick. It does usually work! :)

xx

Unknown said...

You must have a lot of patience! I find punches don't seem to last that long either, thought it was just me. Nic x

Jen Walshaw said...

Tinfoil helps keep mine sharp, but I still can not find a big enough one, so please do let me know your supplier (oh my that sounded all wrong)!