Saturday 20 February 2010

The day has arrived!!!!!!!!!!

For the annual jumble sale (also known as rummage sales in other parts of the world) in my mum and dads town :) It happens every February half term and runs from Wednesday to Saturday. Wednesday and Thursday are full price day and Friday is half price day. All very exciting so far but the Saturday (today!!!!) is the exciting day. You can fill a bag (a black bin bag no less) for £2. Yep for 2 whole English pounds I get to fill a big black bin bag with all sorts of stuff - bric a brac, dresses, fabric, books and anything else I can carry! Of course I never just leave with one bag full - there is always room for lots of black bin bags full of second hand stuff in my house.

If you want to have a little nosey at what I got last year then check out Jumble Sale part 1 and Jumble sale part 2!

9 comments:

theothermousie said...

LOL! Have a great time & erm... bring me something nice back - hee hee!

Michelle said...

Ooh have fun!!! Can't wait to see what you find this year :o) x

Ra Ra Bazaar said...

Go swirly!

Twiggy said...

Have fun, we have every faith in your rummage ability :)
Twiggy x

Jackie said...

Where Oh where? Do tell.
Our village school, where I taught, used to have the best jumble sale in the area every October half term. I was going to blog about the treasures I found there every year. They don't have it now and I suppose I'm quite pleased as I have enough stuff for my very own. but I miss it.

Tweed Thoughts said...

Aw, we don't have jumble sales here anymore - they were such fun :( Enjoy yours! :D

Rachelle Blondel said...

omg wish we had one of those I would be in total pushing & shoving mode...rxx

Midsummer Stitches said...

ooo jumble sale love
x

Linden said...

Sounds fantastic fun, I looooove jumble sales and there are not nearly as many of them round here as there used to be!