Monday 19 April 2010

Pincushion Swap part 1

I entered a pincushion swap organised by Claire the other week and my swap parcel arrived on Saturday :) I was partnered with Lisa and I love the goodies I got.

First up is this very cute mouse pincushion - the girls have already tried to claim it but I said no! He is quite small and so is the perfect size for living in my sewing box :)

Lisa likes quilting (check out some fab work on her blog) and so she has passed this pattern onto me. I don't really like patterns (I find most of them tricky to follow) and have never made a 'proper' quilt before but this pattern looks like it might be fairly easy to follow. I also like that it is scrap friendly :)

Some yummy ribbon that will come in very handy - check out the cute frogs!

A set of alphabet stamps. I have some already that I use quite a lot and these ones are different so will get used lots too :)

And I needn't say more really need I? Those girl ones in the middle are going to be saved for something special.

Thanks Lisa and thanks Claire for organising it! I have sent my return parcel to Lisa but I sent it a day late and now it will be caught up in flights delayed by the volcano - it is on it's way Lisa I promise. I'll show off what I sent when I know it has arrived.

7 comments:

Pins and Needles said...

there some really nice things there, specifically the ribbon and the stamps YEY! its exciting having new things. :)

ClaireP said...

WOW! what a fab parcel!

june at noon said...

Good stuff. I'm loving that ribbon!

GiddyStuff said...

Swaps are so much fun, i'm doing two at the moment, but they're really creative and iti s nice to send people little extras with their swap.

Tweed Thoughts said...

Oh, you lucky girl! What a fab parcel :) Loving that mouse, hehe!!

WinnibriggsHouse said...

What a great parcel, love the little mouse.

Tien said...

Wow, I'd love to know what this pincushion swap is all about! Well, first, I need to find some local fellow crafters to hook up with ... Your parcel had some real treats in there, so I'm looking forward to seeing the results.