Wednesday 27 April 2011

Lazyish holiday

So we have been in France over the Easter break and it was lovely. I deliberately didn't take any work sewing/making with me (first holiday in ages where I haven't) and as there is no internet access I couldn't faff around online! I made sure that I didn't just laze around in the sun and read although I did manage a fair bit of that! I took some personal projects to do and here are the results.





My spirograph bag was fixed using nice bright crazy embroidery and I am very pleased with the results. It took me ages to decide which colours to use and in the end it went to a vote. I'm pleased to have it back in use as a bag and think that I may add some more pockets inside so it will become very useful to have around. I hate loosing things in my bags but need a big bag to carry everything around!




The cross stitch sampler was started but is nowhere near being finished yet - it's destined to become one of those pick up, put down projects that will take a while! I settled eventually on a colour scheme of 5 colours - 4 pastel shades (not as washed out as they appear) and a grey (not as dark as it appears!) All the little people around the edge are going to be grey except the 4 corner people who will be in a pastel colour. I have no idea what any of the other items are going to be - there may even be an injection of another colour at some stage!







The quilts for the girls teddies are nearly done! They just need the binding adding and then they can be popped into the present cupboard ready for Christmas! I have an idea of the binding I want to use but I need to see if I have enough of it left over. I got it from Sams and I'm pretty sure that they will have more but I am still in my 'no buying for two months' pledge* so I will have to make do with what I have. The orange linen on the back is brighter in real life and I got it from Ikea.

*more on my no buying pledge tomorrow, ahem!

2 comments:

CurlyPops said...

I love how you can just flit off to France for a holiday, when getting anywhere from Australia is a major effort. Those little handstitched quilts are completely adorable!

june at noon said...

Looks like a pretty productive holiday! I like the repaired bag with its bright stitching, too.