Friday 26 August 2011

Custom order - Bride and Groom chicken

These guys are so cute! I had free reign on what they looked like as long as they were pincushion sized and looked like a bride and groom.

You may kiss the bride!

I had fun sorting through my lace to make the bride's dress.  I also have some gorgeous cream lace with seed beads and embroidery on which would work well as a dress.

The groom was tricky to make and involves quite a few steps but I now have pattern pieces so I can make more if anyone else wants a unique wedding gift :)

The photos were taken in front of my sewing machine just so that I could show my customer the chickens quickly before the end of the day - any future photo shoots would be better :)

11 comments:

Lynn said...

Brilliant Lynsey, I love the lace wedding dress

theothermousie said...

Aww, they're gorgeous - well done mrs!!! I do love a good wedding :))

I love how you've captured them having a quick 'peck' too - so romantic!!

Emily said...

They are beautiful, I especially like the bride with her "wedding dress"!

veronica said...

Lovely, you may have started a trend.

Nic said...

They are ace!!

WendyCarole said...

they are wonderful

june at noon said...

Very cute little couple! (I love the lace.)

Tip Top said...

Who-hoooooo!! And I KNOW they won't have ANYTHING like this!! Gift list at John Lewis - pah! Swirlyarts all the way!!

Beertje Zonn said...

Lovely are the Bride and Groom chicken.

Beertje Zonn

Therese said...

Very cute pair!

Wendy said...

How cute! These are really ingenious