Thursday 1 October 2009

Goodies from the scrapstore

So the scrapstore I go to is fabulous for picking up lots of bits and pieces to craft with - John Lewis fabric by the roll, zips, wool, thread, paper, card, etc etc. It also has lots of finished canvases by various people that for some unknown reason have ended up at Sams. I very rarely look through these as they are priced separately and until now I hadn't seen anything I liked - until yesterday!

I saw this beauty at the front and nearly knocked my own daughter over in my haste to get to it!

It ticks all the boxes - pretty, handmade and gave me lots of inspiration in the 20 secs I looked at it! Someone has very carefully sewn flower shapes onto organza and cut them out and glued them (badly) to the canvas - even the background of the canvas has given me ideas!

And the price for this piece of pretty inspiration?

You can't go wrong for £2!!

5 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

no you def. can't go wrong at that price

Twiggy said...

wow lovely, I haven't been to our Scrapstore for ages....
Twiggy x

CurlyPops said...

Wow that's beautiful. We don;t have anything like that over here.

Recycled Cottage & Garden said...

wish we had scrapstores here in the US.

Tip Top said...

I think the almost knocking your own daughter over is totally justified.

Blimey eh?!