Thursday 7 June 2012

More bargains but charity shops this time!

It's turning into thrifty week here over at Swirlyarts isn't it?

So when I went to Shipley to drop stock off at Junc, it seemed rude not to visit the charity shops dotted around the central square :)


These placemats are destined to become chicken doorstops :) They will be limited to only 4 due to the amount of fabric I have!


This is a jersey skirt that comes to calf length and has funny flick out bits just under the knee. It is destined to become an on the knee skirt for me :) I LOVE leopard print - I think I'm channelling Bet Lynch :)

On the way back from Shipley I have to pass through Saltaire and would you believe it, there was a parking space :)


I got these shoes :)


And this very cool Marks and Spencer London bus biscuit tin!



The queen and the pigeon are my favourite characters!

I tried another shop on the way back but my thrifting luck had run out by then!

3 comments:

louisa @ TheReallyGoodLife said...

Awesome finds - I'm very jealous :)

I'm conflicted about mentioning this in case you snap up more goodies that were REALLY DESTINED TO BE MINE ( ;) ) but did you find the charity shops behind the market as well as the ones around the market square? There is one on the back of the market building called Joy which is enjoyable chaotic and very cheap - like an old-school jumble sale, not the clean/organised charity shops usually seen today - lots of fun to hunt through! Then there are two more normal ones down that road (Westgate) too - the Samaritans usually has wool & bits of vintage fabric in the back with the men's stuff.

The charity shops in Saltaire & Bingley tend to have better quality stuff but it's hard to beat the sheer amount of them in Shipley :)

Dolly Cool Clare said...

I love the M&S retro packaging! I was just admiring the jubilee biscuit tins and boxes the other day (and of course, the yummy biscuits in there too!) :)

Darla said...

Love the bus!

Darla